I know that from the title you were probably expecting something really deep and revelatory right? Well so am I. This is just to announce that I am retiring the name "Purple Banana" and changing it to the "The Impossible Really Exists" a favorite line of mine by and artist I love just as much as Prince; Bjork, from her song, "Cover Me." I have also changed the color scheme in my blog settings as you will see if you ever read this on blogspot.
I was listening to my iPod this morning and all week for that matter and starting to get bored of a lot of my own favorite music. This is coming after years of listening to music I have loved since I was in high school! As I reach my 35th year on this physical plane of existence, I really am starting to observe a final and melancholy departure of all that I had identified with much of that old emo music. Those songs will always be dear to me but it's time for me to make that final cut, at least from the musical level of my past. God knows, I don't listen to the radio so I have to rely on Pandora and Subway performers for my new music. And it's weird, because somehow, so much of what I love about new music I hear is linked with the music I loved as a girl. It's not that I'm sick of the artists I've always loved. It's just the message of the songs that resonated with me as a younger person, are no longer needed now, not in quite the same way. Like I still love Trent Reznor, but I will probably remove "Closer" from my iPod sooner than later. The place in time that it memorializes in my life no longer begs examination. However, "Smashing Pumpkins", man I just can't seem to let that part of my life rest. That being said, it's obvious that I also have to unload a chunk of Prince music. I can't even begin to discuss that. Let's just say that if Princes albums were keys, there are just some doors to my past, I don't feel like unlocking anymore.
And so it goes, like that, cleaning out my musical archives is very much like surgery for me. And so I thought, while I'm beginning to clear away some of the past, I might also start to redefine the purpose of this blog where I write basically whatever I want, whenever I feel like it. Not quite sure yet, passed changing the title and color scheme what that will be yet but I have always loved that line from Bjork's "Cover Me." I think that proving the impossible really exists is a job I would definitely apply for if it existed which is like impossible? And for now I take that to symbolize proof of the impossible existing as an inner revolution. So here I go. And if you please, cover me.
No comments:
Post a Comment