![]() |
| Tracee proudly displays her Obama boobie |
Have I ever mentioned how much I like to laugh? Maybe. But have I ever mentioned how much I love funny women? Do you know how hard it is for women to be funny in public on purpose? I really admire women who are unafraid to look silly or goofy or awkward and who do so on purpose to lighten the mood or make a point all while making people howl in gut busting laughter.
I for one am always aware at how I reign my clown in around my female friends. It's like a reflex. Women must not make funny faces, burp, making unpleasant noises, do impressions or unattractive contortions, especially not on purpose! Not that I was raised that way. My dad was the guy who I could be my funniest around. He was always doing hilarious things in public, telling funny stories in or creating funny situations. In fact he was the parent who was able to get on our level when my brother and I when were kids and sort of relate to our juvenile sensibilities. I would goof around when he took pictures of me all the time. In fact there are a few shots he took of me in my crib laughing uncontrollably. He said he walked up to my crib one day and I was just laughing and laughing. He doesn't know why. I certainly don't remember but like I said, I love to laugh. Tickling was my favorite thing for a while when I was around seven or eight.
When I first met my husband and we used to stay up late at night on the phone together we would intermittently have lengthy burping contests. It cracked us up. I would say it was an age thing and that we were young and silly but I was in my late 20s when we met to there goes that defense. LOL! I just have a naturally silly and sometimes hysterical nature about me which I tend to hold back around women because you know they kinda give you that look like "Oh my gah. What is wrong with you?" Judgement. I don't need it.
But I was watching Tracee Ellis Ross on youtube last month and I have to say, she is bonkers. She is bonkers and doesn't give a fuck. It's just natural part of her personality that she's not afraid to let out and it's just such a relief to me to see a woman who could easily rest on her sex appeal and socially appropriate physical beauty, or just being the daughter of the iconic Diana Ross, just be silly and make fun of herself. Taking yourself too seriously sets you up really badly for criticism particularly if you're someone in the public eye. Besides I think laughter is very sexy and very endearing and connective. When it's genuine It breaks up tension and releases bad energy. And when women make funny it can really take the edge off the pressures of society to be all perfect and proper all the time. Usually when I feel I'm in a position where I have to come off that way, what I'm really dying to do is laugh. Life is too short and I'm not perfect. I prioritize silliness.

No comments:
Post a Comment