Tuesday, March 6, 2012
First Take Shorts
Listening to Francis record himself reading short stories for his students the last couple of nights has made me remember how much I love spoken word and given me a seed of an idea that I would like to try out for the first time this Friday. He just has such a great reading voice that it prompted me to record myself reading one of my favorite short stories by Richard Brautigan.
We've been doing the recordings on my iphone and emailing it to ourselves to compress as m4a files. I learned how to create my first podcast of the recording which is already live on iTunes and now I want to post it weekly in a blog for sharing and posterity, inspiration and tribute. I will post one reading a week every Friday featuring friends and colleagues and anybody reading something under 4 minutes long to be hosted and posted to a new blogger blog I've created for this purpose alone: First Take Fridays When we press record, whatever is said in the first take is what's getting posted. No more or less.
First up is yours truly. Stay tuned!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment