
So I took a couple of workshops at the Apple store this weekend, one at the 5th Ave store on iPhoto and one in Garage Band at the Soho store. Francis met me at Prince Street for Garage Band, which I had him sign up for as well. Both workshops were great but Garage Band was incredible plus at the Soho Apple store they have this great theater space for workshops and performances. I will totally be going there again. To top it all off, yesterday was an absolutely gorgeous day. It was like a picture postcard for New York. I could have stayed out all day.

When we got home we started experimenting with Garage Band on my computer and I‘m just like blown away! All these sounds, beats and effects! Royalty free! And you can record as many as you want. You record an actual instrument. You can manipulate and adjust right down to like a quarter note (not totally certain what that is but it’s pretty specific). I’m learning more about music with this program than I have reading instructional manuals on music. It really is revolutionary. Francis really enjoyed the workshop as well. I let him hold the laptop at the workshop while I took notes because he knows way more about the technical side of music than I do. I can’t wait to get a guitar interface so we can record some of his stuff. Shit! It’s fucking on! This is so much fun!
1 comment:
pfft.. apple sucks. there have been programs for audio (and video) editing for Windows for decades now. try AVID. that's what I learned at HBO on their Windows-based computers.
apple sucks. lol
Post a Comment