
Above is a picture I took last night while I was walking to class. I adjusted it to Sepia and blurred the edges a couple of times for a softer more haunting affect. I like low light photography and the way light creates mood in pictures
My first Copper Union photography class with Marget Long started yesterday. It's actually at the YMCA on Houston and Bowery off of Second Ave. I really like it so far. I was afraid it might be too easy or not cover things that I really need to learn but I think I picked the right course for me. Marget had some trouble with the slide projector but eventually we did get to look at some slides and she explained a bit about the first chemically projected images in the 1800s and camera obscura which I love. She also suggested we all get flickr accounts. As you know I have that fully covered. I sat next to a guy in the back when I walked in. In the second half of the class we talked about our cameras(we both have SLRs), showed each other pictures we had taken (we both had pics of the Washington Monument) and chatted about the pixel range and stuff like that. It is so nice to take a class in something I actually love. I am so psyched!
No comments:
Post a Comment