Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Ripple Stitch Morning

Ripple stitch swatch that I completed this morning. 3 rows.

Don't even ask me how  I figured this pattern out. I'm actually still in the process of memorizing it and I've only just started. I actually have Mikey to thank for making this youtube video tutorial. I can only learn knitting and crochet patterns this complicated by watching a live process. I have to see someone's hands and they have to instruct in a clear, comprehensive, patient and if possible pleasant voice.

I'm not sure what I'm making yet. I just wanted to see if I could get the hang of this. I've had to look the video over several times and probably will several times more before I can just write the pattern down myself and try to memorize it. I'm at the third row now I think. In the next row I will be adding another color! Wee! I'm so glad I stuck with this. I was starting to feel like like giving up. It's kind of messed up but I can never really believe it when I finally get the hang of something I percieve to be as difficult. I always think, oh there's no way I got this! I must have mucked up somewhere! Then when I do get it I get all over confident and obnoxious! So get ready for some serious gloating entries if this success continues! LOL!

No seriously, I'm going to be unbearable.

No comments: