Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Discovering leg warmer love


Discovering leg warmer love
Originally uploaded by Zanalee

I hated when my mom used to make me wear these during Brooklyn Winters as a kid. She would wrap me in layers of stocking and long johns (UGH!!) and a puffy snow bunny suit and then leg warmers! ARRRGH!!! Needless to say, I could hardly move but I was warm.

I was also never into this look during the 80s when "Flash Dance" made them popular. But I'm really digging this re-emerging style lately.

I remembered before I left for work this morning that someone had given me a pair last Christmas and that they were near by somewhere in my room. I dug them out, put them on and didn't hate them. Plus I love the way they feel! I'm pretty sure I'm gonna knit a couple of pairs this winter. My knitting needles have been feeling neglected since I've taken up crochet. Stay tuned.

No comments: