I'm just going to say right now that I know this novel is not going to be all it's being hyped to be but as a faithful, and literature thirsty Murukami fan I'm going to read it anyway. I'd never known they could make a trailer for a book before but I guess anything can be made into a trailer right? We've got the format embedded in our DNA by now. I like how they used they strange ominous music from his website. Clever choice. I feel a film may be coming on. I just hope he doesn't sell out too hard.
"Murakami is like a magician who explains what he's doing as he performs the trick and still makes you believe he has supernatural powers . . . But while anyone can tell a story that resembles a dream, it's the rare artist, like this one, who can make us feel that we are dreaming it ourselves."
—The New York Times Book Review
No comments:
Post a Comment