Sunday, July 25, 2010
Ramblin Woman
Sorry, I've been kinda quiet lately. I mean even before I left for vacay, I was still pretty quiet. You didn't miss me right? Well, maybe you did. I'm a bit flakey that way. Once I'm doing something I love or get focused on something, I drop off the radar. I disappear. But I'm okay. At least I will be until I go back to work on Monday. I can't even fathom that right now. It seems very far off and like another part of me. I feel like "work me" has become a torture chamber, a hunk of armor I have to put on to survive the day. The past two weeks or so, I've just been me, and that's not all roses either, but at least it's real. I can handle that. Or maybe it just seems like I can because I have Francis around and I love being with him, even when things are kind of crappy. He is truly my partner, and I think our trip to Montreal has made me realize how much more so that is, when I thought I had some idea already. I didn't. I can be daft like that. He is more amazing than I may ever know. Putting up with me. Heh heh.
For myself I've discovered I'm more like Naomi Campbell than I thought. And I don't mean tall and gorgeous with a weave. I mean like the phone throwing part. Enough said on that.
I could really get into traveling for a living. I like the road. I like distance growing between me and a fucking desk. I like exploring and walking on foreign streets with my best friend. I'm not bored. I'm not restless. I'm still. I'm good. I'm glad to be where I am. This is how I used to feel all the time when I was a kid. Now, it's just these slices of selected time. Vacation. That's such bullshit. I need to work on changing that.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment