Wednesday, December 9, 2009

What will make us change?

From J. Krishnamurti, a man who did not beat around the fucking bush.

Are we willing to go into the question of knowing oneself? Because oneself is the world. Human beings, right throughout the world—whatever their color, their religion, their nationality, their beliefs—suffer psychologically, inwardly. They go through great anxieties, great loneliness, have an extraordinary sense of despair, depression, a sense of meaninglessness of living the way we do. Throughout the world, people are psychologically similar. That's a reality, that’s truth, that’s an actuality. So you are the world psychologically and the world is you; and when you understand yourself, you are understanding the whole human structure and nature. It is not mere selfish investigation, because when you understand yourself, a different dimension comes into being.

What will make us change? More shocks? More catastrophes? Different governments? Different images? Different ideals? You have had varieties of these, and yet you have not changed. The more sophisticated our education, the more civilized we become—civilized in the sense of being more removed from nature—the more inhuman we become. So what shall one do? As none of the things outside of me are going to help, including all the gods, then it becomes obvious that I alone have to understand myself. I have to see myself and change myself radically, Then goodness comes out of that. Then one can create a good society.

-This Light in Oneself

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi how are you?

I was looking through your blog, and I found it interesting, and inspiring to me, so I thought why not leave you a comment. I have a blog also obviously and would like to invite you to become my blog pal.

I mostly post about the Southern California experience through the perspecive of personal writings, and my art. Maybe you can become my friend, and follow, and I can also follow you, if that is okay. Well I hope to hear from you soon, and I hope to hear from you soon... :)
Jesse

Unknown said...

Thanks for stopping by Jesse. I apologize for not responding sooner. Apparently, as computer savvy as I think I am I still have yet to check my darn comments section!
LOL!!